Is there any premium quality compressor plugins on Linux that are free/open source

It doesn’t work for me, the installer goes away after I type in my password after to select gcc5. It doesn’t work for me

If you are already using x42 EQ why the need for anything else? :wink: Robin’s plugin is probably all you need, honestly. I find it to be just as good as any Windows “premium” EQ. The piano keys are really helpful and spectrum controls are amazing. I’m comfortable using it as a replacement for Flux Epure now I’ve moved to Linux. LSP EQs are top quality too…

If you want super simple try Baxandall by airwindows. If you want super simple with flavor, try Luftikus. But, my advice is probably to get super comfortable with one surgical EQ and one with flavor. A little bit like the advice not to keep DAW-hopping (guilty as charged).

So you’re using EQ as a compressor? How’s that working out?

1 Like

I do like the compressor in the eq10q package, it has a nice gain reduction meter I like and it reminds me of when I was using pro tools

I use LSP for basic compression these days. I used Calf until I realized that I could hear really obvious zipper noise artifacts, it made me reconsider using Calf for anything tbh.

Oops…I saw x42 EQ at the top of the post and then saw talk of eq10q and assumed like many a thread it had veered off into all sorts of plugin comparisons :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If we were to discuss TDR Nova then we could discuss the virtues of EQ-meets-compressor :wink:

Was the calf plugin for eq or compression that you had issues with, I stopped using calf eq plugins, but I still like their other ones

Do you have any of them from the binary

Maybe it is the same issue discribed in the mixbus forum? http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/thread-7290.html

You can use the --noexec and --target arguments to only extract the contents to a dir of your liking and then manually copy the sapistaEQv2.lv2 dir that fits your architecture into an LV2_PATH. See the output of “./eq10q_2.2_installer.run --help”

How can I add those commands when I run the script in terminal

I did it I extracted it thanks. It was in my home folder, and It opens now with GUI thanks

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.