Is there a known issue with midi tracks that are failing at delivering midi signal to other tracks and buses?

Hi!
I’m facing an issue with MIDI Tracks. My workflow looks like this:

• I’m creating one MIDI track without any instrument, so I have a MIDI output on this track. And then I’m adding a MIDI note/channel map effect to this track
  • I’m creating several MIDI buses with instruments and adding a MIDI channel filter before an instrument entry.

And it works until it doesn’t. Suddenly, MIDI track stops sending signal to MIDI buses. I was thinking that it may be a problem with plugins (map and filter), but even when they are disabled or removed, signal won’t come to a bus.

I think that it’s a problem with the track because it extends to new MIDI buses that I’m adding to this kind of chain, they don’t get a signal from the main track. But if I create a new MIDI track, and send signal from the new one to buses, it works.

The only workaround that works for me is to create a new MIDI output in the “Pin connections” window, and make buses listen to this new MIDI output instead of the first one, but after some time it’s getting broken again, and I need to use another MIDI output again.

I tend to think that it’s a bug, but I’m still not sure about it, maybe it’s just me doing something wrong. I’ve got these logs when looking at the stdout. They seem to be related because of a context and a timing.

failed to deliver sustain-zero on channel 14 on port Drum Contoller/midi_out 3
failed to deliver ALL NOTES OFF on channel 14 on port Drum Contoller/midi_out 3
failed to deliver sustain-zero on channel 15 on port Drum Contoller/midi_out 3
failed to deliver ALL NOTES OFF on channel 15 on port Drum Contoller/midi_out 3

If it seems like a bug, I can create an issue in a bug tracker.

Also, I’m not sure on which system components the MIDI stuff relies, so I’m not sure what exactly important to know about my system. But I’m using Arch Linux with Pipewire and Pipewire-Jack. And the session in Ardour is using Jack as a backend.

Thanks!

Ah, I’ve forgotten to write which version I’m using.
It’s the latest version from arch-linux repos, Ardour 7.2-1

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.