Invalid Source Port Errors in Ardour Version 7

I have temporarily disconnected my keyboard from my system, as I’m a bit short of USB inputs. So, now I keep getting the Invalid Source Port error.

I did a search and found this solution for Version 6: Invalid Source Port Errors (SOLVED).

The writer recommended removing a file called port_metadata found in C:Users/User/AppData/local/Ardour6 for Windows or .config/ardour6 for Linux.

However, I cannot find this file for V 7. In fact I’ve just completed a global search and couldn’t find this file anywhere on my system.

Could anyone tell me a solution to this problem for V7?

As always any suggestions or hints would be more than welcome!

On my linux machine:

$ file .config/ardour7/port_metadata 
.config/ardour7/port_metadata: XML 1.0 document, ASCII text

Thanks for the response tseaver.

That’s so strange - I’m also using Linux, but there is no such file in that directory (or anywhere else as far as I can tell).

I’m wondering if that file does not exist because, as far as I can remember, I have not used an external midi device on this machine. But if so, what other file might store this information?

Anyway, I will experiment and report back.

Where did you get Ardour from? It is not unheard of for package maintainers for some distributions to change behaviors, would be the first time I have heard of this particular change, but not out of the question either.

Seablade

Thanks Seablade,

Yes I’ve been wondering about that myself. I have used binaries from both Ardour and OpenSuse over the years. I’ll try the generic binary from Ardour and see if that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.