Instrumental Prog Rock Test

Hey there! This is a prog rock instrumental I did a while ago for the purpose of learning Ardour and test what you can do with it.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Love it! This brought a very broad smile to my face :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

It’s not to my particular tastes, prog-wise, but nevertheless is very well done :slight_smile: It’s a great arrangement and you’re obviously a superb guitarist!

Out of interest, what did you use for Hammond?

1 Like

Very nice! I would call that a successful “test”. You managed to cram a lot of ideas into 3 minutes and it still sounded cohesive.

1 Like

Very nice! love it! :slight_smile: can you tell little about what you did use in this project ?

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the kind comments, it means a lot.

As per how I did it:

• Midi programming: TuxGuitar
  • Drums: EZdrummer + Reaper’s humanization plugin
  • Hammond: Kontakt old organs vintage library
  • Brass: Brasso Kontakt library
  • Piano and Strings: soundfonts
  • Bass: Modo Bass
  • My guitar rig: Jackson Dinky Japan 1998, Line 6 PODHD 500 pedal
  • Audio interface: just my Line 6 PODHD 500

Notes for Linux users:

• I’ve got all the windows/mac only plugins running using the Carla plugin

• The PODH 500 has a playback bug on the LTS kernel. This is solved by either compiling the latest version of the module (which I could not insmod properly, but somehow temporarily worked by copy/pasting the .ko into the proper folder) or by using the latest 5.9 kernel (which is what I do now, with no issues, this is what I recommend).

Edit: 5.7.9 kernel version, not 5.9 (which was not released yet!)

1 Like

5.9 has not been released yet, did you mean 4.9, 4.19 or 5.4. These are all LTS ?

https://www.kernel.org/

1 Like

Right, I saw it wrong!
This is my uname -a output:

Linux pop-os 5.7.9-050709-generic #202007160732 SMP Thu Jul 16 07:42:55 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

It is the 5.7.9 version, not 5.9