Install problem : Installation location /opt does not exist!

Hello,

I trying to install Ardour 3 (Ardour_32bit-3.0_14207.tar demo) under tango studio (last version and last updates). I trying it with the terminal and i have this error :

"Welcome to the Ardour installer

Ardour will be installed for user “nameofsession” in /opt

!!! ERROR !!! - Installation location /opt does not exist!
Installation will not complete.

Press ENTER to exit installer:"

-I’m not a linux power user as you can see !

Sorry for my bad english,

Best regards,

Logan

Just create a new directory called /opt and try to install again: sudo mkdir /opt – most linux installations already have an /opt directory.

Just create a new directory called /opt and try to install again: sudo mkdir /opt – most linux installations already have an /opt directory.

Hello, thanks that’s work ; )

The problem is that i’ve tried to do this directory manually but no success and i forgot the command “mkdir” so, thanks again !

Have a good day.

Your system also has “logname” misconfigured (hence “will be installed for user “nameofsession””). You should probably consider starting from a working system before continuing on. Unless of course your user name really is “nameofsession” …

Hello Paul,

Thanks to clarify this little thing, i’ve changed manually the name of my own session by “nameofsession” to be more adaptive for other user but i see that can create a misunderstanding so that’s just a bad idea !

Have a nice day.

Hello,

Since a few days, Ardour 3.1 is available from TangoStudio’s repository.

Keep in mind that Ardour developers in general do not offer support for versions of Ardour installed via distro repositories.