Thingamagig = FOSS guitar karaoke (with lights)
No pedals. No amps. No knobs. No presets. No cost. Any guitar.
Lots of new stuff here.
- Got a Rotosphere to replace the disco ball. It doesn’t look as nice, but it’s a single self-contained unit vs the ball, multiple lights pointing at it, tripods and DMX cable runs. Much easier.
- No drum lights this time. I forgot to plug the bulbs into the dimmer.
- There is a frontman light. It’s the par in the rack pointed at me. Note it’s mostly white and occasionally dims.
- Cell phone audio. Sorry. It’s easier and considering how bad the MIDI toms sound, it’s probably for the best.
- This session has automated harmonies through a Voicelive, but I need to find a decent singer first.
- This configuration is essentially how Thingamagig is intended to be used at home: Press play on the session and then read the chords and lyrics as you go. Makes it easier on me, anyway, bc I suck at remembering chords, structure and especially lyrics. I might just make all my videos this way.