Hey Ardour users,
I’d appreciate your help. Maybe I didn’t understand how Ardour works or I’m just doing something wrong.
This is Ardour 5.12.0 running under ubuntu 18.04 with Jack.
I want to import a finished Midi and change the sounds of individual tracks. This works for some tracks, for others it always switches back to the first instrument after a change.
- start Ardour with empty template
- import Midi as new tracks with the Calf Fluidsynth
- select track number 7 from 9 tracks
- play, no sound
- select Calf Fluidsynth and load soundfont FluidR3_GM.sf2
- Track plays with Audio Yamaha Grand Piano
- I want to change this sound
- by trial and error I find out that this track uses the Ch 12. Can’t I find that out in another way?
- Change to Distortion Guitar
- After 1, 2, 3 bars, the piano automatically switches back to Yamaha Grand Piano.
I would be very grateful for any hints and advice.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)