Import Behringer X-Live Files

The X-Live stores data as a multichannel wav file, either 8, 16, or 32 channels. It starts a new file every 2 gb, as per the format. What I am trying to do is to import a 90 minute show into Ardour for mixdown, 1 channel per track, but all the files linked. I don’t know if this is currently possible or if I need to pre-process prior to import.

Thanks

slidesinger

I think the easiest in this case is to import each 2GB segment separately using the mapping “1 track per channel”.

To automatically sequence each of the 2GB chunks. you could try to use Import at “file timestamp” (assuming the x-live stores meta-data timecode). Other than that after importing a 2GB chunk, snap the playhead to the end of the imported data, and then Import at: Playhead.

If you have A LOT of 2 GB chunks, the alternative is to import using the mapping “sequence files” and the use a custom Lua script to split each multichannel track to a dedicated mono track. At this point in time there is however only an example script to do that for stereo tracks: ardour/_stereo_to_mono.lua at master · Ardour/ardour · GitHub

My thanks for the timely reply.

Hi, there is a tool written in Python for converting sessions created on Wing/M32/X32 to simple wav and for creating xlive session. Look at this github repository.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.