Idées Noires Cover (French)

Hello community,

sharing with you a project that I had started last year but could only complete recently when finally able to reunite with my bandmates :slight_smile:

This is normally my last project done under Ardour 5.12 ! Looking forward to upgrading to v6 (still on Linux) now that this project is finished.
Recorded through an Audient iD4 interface
Bass and guitar recorded as D.I. - Guitars shaped with Guitarix plugins
My vocals recorded on cheap Eagletone condenser mic and Camille through a Neumann
Drums created using Hydrogen
MIDI recorded with an M-Audio master keyboard and rendered with SF2 soundfonts and the excellent setBfree tonewheel organ.
Your usual set of eqs, compressors, (Dragonfly) reverbs, delay, saturations, etc …
Always a pleasure to work with Ardour; thanks for that jewel !

11 Likes

For the curious ones, I assembled a view of the full mixer (remember that was in 5.12)
Yellow channels are vocals
Green channels are keyboards
Light blue channels are guitars
Dark blue channel is bass
Red channels are drums/percussions

Lots of REDs … I use sf2 drumkits (with a-Fluidsynth) but I split the elements on different MIDI Buses in order to control the volumes/panning individually … a bit painful but I have a template :wink:

1 Like

Cool…I had forgotten this song which is pleasant.
The cover is well driven and the lady’s voice is « la cerise sur le gâteau » in this nice production.
Thanks for sharing.
Olivier

1 Like

Great work! In all all aspects… recording, mixing, mastering and of course the Video work! The session mixer photo in itself is impressive!

1 Like

Always loved that song, this is really cool !

1 Like

Bravo, super reprise ! J’aime beaucoup l’originale, et la reprise est vraiment très bien. C’est pourtant difficile de s’attaquer à Lavilliers et Nicoletta ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Merci Youki, j’étais pas sûr du résultat quand je me suis lancé dans ce morceau :wink: