How to use the A/B Switch plugin?

This plugin is meant to be used for comparisons: take two tracks, configure the plugin to switch between them, and off we go. But so far I wasn’t able to get that to work. The plugin contains a description, saying something about how channels are grouped depending on the output. The mono case is different from the stereo case, etc. But so I didn’t find a way to have the plugin output two channels. I’m guessing that I’d need to open the pin configuration dialog and patch in signal from another channel or bus, so that the plugin would have two sources to work from. But in practice, I can only see single channels coming in and out, and if I add a sidechain source from stereo, it becomes mono. So what do we do in the stereo case?

In other words, let’s say I have 2 stereo tracks or busses and I want to A/B compare them. What do I need to do?

It is not for A/B track comparisons. Maybe with some creative send and receives?

Another very similar thread suggested using exclusive soloing instead of an A/B plugin

Edit: just realized you started that same thread

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.