How to move start location back

Hello,

I moved the start marker forward a couple of bars and exported the session to an audio file. After a few days of listening to the audio file, I’ve changed my mind and would like to reposition to start marker to its original location. Can I do this?

I am new to Ardour. So far it is very impressive, if not a bit intimidating.

Thanks,
opc

You can use alt-L to open the locations window and change the start location from there. Or simply drag the start location marker (the yellow triangle above the tracks in the editor window) with your mouse.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried that, but the start location is 00:00:00. I did experiment with the mouse and somehow got the start position to move to 24:51:33 (or something like that, I don’t remember exactly). This put it way past the end location, and seemed to confuse things.

So if the new start location is now 00:00:00, does this mean the bars that once existed to the left are no longer accessible?

By the way, I am using Ardour 2.3 build 3029 on a Ubuntu 8.04 laptop with the RT kernel.

As far as I know, Ardour won’t destroy any information if you’ve just moved markers. It takes a lot more than that. I don’t know what twist you’ve got yourself into (believe me, I’ve been there too!) but I’m sure you’ll soon get an understanding if you use the location window &/or mouse to move the marker.

There’s a brief description of ctl-L and use of markers here http://www.out-of-order.ca/wordpress/tutorial/composing-soundtracks-with-ardour-on-mac-os-x/

Thanks for the encouragement. I will experiment some more when I get home this evening.

Cheers,
opc