How to install ardour 5

@richistucki
What Robin posted will work fine, but I also wanted to point out that your problem that you ran into was simply that you typed two commands as one. So instead of what you typed…

cd /home/richi/downloads
/bin/sh ./Ardour-5.12.0-x86-64.run

So two separate commands, just hit ‘ENTER’ after each line to execute the command.

Note that ‘downloads’ likely should be capitalized (Which Robin did in his command). So the actual commands likely would be:

cd /home/richi/Downloads
/bin/sh ./Ardour-5.12.0-x86-64.run

But again what Robin posted above is actually a likely simpler way to execute the installer.

Seablade

Thanks guys! you are great.
It took me another half an our to enter my password afterwards, but now i think i`m ready… hehee Looking forward for my next problems to come =)
Thanks a lot for your help.
Richi

Yes you’re right - the guys in here are great. They have a tremendous amount of patience with us people who came from the Mac (or, in my case, the Atari) and who have been spoiled by just clicking “OK” wherever any questions arise. This is a very generous community but as a newbie you have to be careful not to come with questions that could be “googled” (in my case ecosia’d) easily … I had to learn this, too :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.