How to configure BCF-2000 with recent Ardour ?

Greetings,

Most of the information I can find on the topic is old. If anyone’s using a Behringer BCF-2000 with recent releases of Ardour2 I’d like to know how best to configure the device. I’d also like to test it with Ardour3, so any advice on that arrangement would be welcome too. :slight_smile:

TIA,

dp

Never mind, I found the manual page on setting up the BCF. I’ve already tested its 2-way communication, seems to work fine in A2.

But if anyone has other advice regarding the unit I’m listening. :slight_smile:

dp

Ardour3 it likely won’t work in at all at the moment is my guess. At least till I get some free time to recode the Mackie module to work with it.

Questions about Ardour2 though feel free to ask me.

Seablade

Thanks for the reply, Thomas. I am wondering about a few things.

Is there a way to check the current firmware version ?

Should I update the firmware as a matter of course ? I have syx packages for 1-07 and 1-10, is there a preference ?

It’s a breeze to configure the unit, but is there a template already available for the BCF ?

Btw, let me know if you need a tester for BCF support in A3. Ditto for the Frontier Tranzport.

TIA,

dp

The BCF should work in Logic mode with the ‘Mackie’(Really Logic) control protocol in Ardour.

There isn’t a template at this time, one of the things the overhaul in A3 did was made it really easy to create them. However with the Logic control protocol you really shouldn’t need a template to be honest.

In as far as the actual unit, I can’t tell you to much about it, John, the original author of the Mackie control code uses one and might be able to tell you more if/when he sees this.

Seablade