How does synchronization work (src code) ?

Hello,

strange question, I know :slight_smile:

I’d like to see, in Ardour’s source code, how it synchronizes.

I have to implement a program that records 17 wav tracks (and other informations) for 4 hours and plays them after recording, but I really don’t know how to synchronize them.

And I cannot (unfortunately, as it seems great) use Ardour because I have to add this feature to an existing program.

Does somebody know where I can look inside the code ?
Any help would be useful.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

You will have to be a lot more specific about what you mean by the word “synchronization”. That is a word that has a lot of possible meanings in the context of a DAW, and you need to identify what it is that you mean.

Ok, thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

As I wrote, we have to record 17 wav files for 4 hours (via software unfortunately, not via ardour) and playback them after the recording phase.

In another file we will store also other non audio informations (PTT - push to talk button events).

These additional informations could be seen as MIDI events and they, when in playing mode, turn ON/OFF a relative audio track.

So, i.e., PTT event with ID 1 and value 0, turns OFF audio track 1, PTT event with ID 2 and value 1, turns ON audio track 2.

I’d like to know how to synchronize everything so, if you start playing, all the system plays the right tracks at the right time …

Am I asking too much ? :smiley:

Thanks a lot.

PS: I have experience in audio/midi as I am musician and had a recording studio.
But not experience with audio in software

Trallallero,
it sounds like you want to programme a sequence for wav triggering. There’s a fine app called Rivendell, that is, in effect, a broadcast station, with playlist and programme triggers for radio shows,etc… I understand this opensource app is used professionally in this environment and for time sequenced playlist work, so maybe it’s more of what you’re looking for.

Alex.

http://www.rivendellaudio.org/

Thanks a lot Alex,
I take a look now :wink: