How can I add dragonfly plugins?

I downloaded the tar but still not in the system

@Christopher1 What operating system are you using?

ZORIN OS 16 is my operating system

@Christopher1 Copy the lv2 plugins to either ~/.lv2/ or /usr/local/lib/lv2/ directory. Go to Ardour’s “Preferences” dialog, select “Plugins” and click “Scan for Plugins”

This is only for VST and Audio Unit plugins (and these days there is Window > Plugin Manager).

LV2 plugins are unconditionally scanned at application start. Restart Ardour after installing the plugin.

I think you need the .zip - likely dragonfly-reverb-linux-x86_64-v3.2.6.zip (from Releases · michaelwillis/dragonfly-reverb · GitHub) the .tar.gz is the source-code, not the binary.

I think zip files are for windows and I am using linux debian/ubuntu based OS

doesnt seem to work , is trying to extract but can not

@Christopher1 There are utilities on Linux that will extract from zip files. You can use unzip in a terminal, or a graphical tool like file-roller.

Then you will need to provide more details about how you are trying to extract from the file.

I just downloaded from the link provided by Robin and unzip was able to extract all of the plugin files from the zip file. I just ran:
$ unzip dragonfly-reverb-linux-x86_64-v3.2.6.zip

You may want to create a temporary sub-directory first, that did not create a subdirectory when unzipping, and all variants, VST2, LV2, and VST3 of all three reverb plugins are unzipped into your current directory.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.