High Pitched SF2 at 192khz

Hi,

I configured my JACK and PulseAudio systems to run at 192khz with my Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen). On Ardour, using synths and Sfizz works fine, but if I use GM Synth, Calf Fluidsynth, or any plugin that plays SF2 files, the resulting sounds are reproduced at least an octave higher. I don’t know why this is the case with only SF2 sounds and I would like to be able to play back SF2 sounds at their correct pitch if possible. I even tried editing a SF2 file in PolyPhone and changing the sample rate of all the samples in it to 192khz and it still didn’t play back at the correct pitch. Is there a way to play back SF2 sounds at the correct pitch while Ardour is configured to run on JACK at 192khz?

No idea regarding the cause of the erroneous pitches but is there a particular reason you’re using a sample rate that’s way beyond what’s necessary for recording for human beings?

Does it stay on pitch if you’re using a reasonable sample rate like 48kHz (or even 96kHz, if you still want to go beyond what’s actually needed for HiFi recording)?

1 Like

It does stay in pitch at 48kHz and 96kHz.