help me get emu1212m card working (adat, analog )

I am trying to get this emu1212m card working under linux once again. I managed to get sound coming out and I also once recorded into the analog inputs.

However I cant find any documentation on this subjectdated over 2008 from ubuntu forums and from the guide you learn to install the drivers.

I would really like to set this card up on 64studio as my old windows machine is simply not fast enough to do anything over four or five tracks with plugins and these things.

I used it to record from a fostex fd8 via adat into the computer using the emu1212m card but from playback of it I can see that starting to add even more layers i have to use a bigger computer.-

My new computer I installed 64studio beta 3.0 and it gives playback. however there is no inputs shown in ardour and I dont know how to get adat working at all.

can anyone help get this card working.

much apriciated.
thanks.

you should search on alsa-project.org for more info on your card. once you get it fully working with alsa it will work with ardour (jack) as well. the adat inputs are probably shown as normal channels in jack. (use qjackctl as a nice frontend) as far as i remember the card supports only samplerates up to 48khz on linux. maybe that’s your problem?

thanks.

I noticed that about the samplerates.

anyone having gotten the c ard fully working here ?

I must be honest and say this card I dont expect getting to work proper anymore.

the delta audiophiles are cheap and good cards too. I have a simple line mixer i could use with it.