Having a Score viewer like Finale or Musescore

Hello, I would like to ask you if there is a way to connect finale with ardour? I gues an audio server like jack must be done, right? I tried to use jack with ardour and it didn’t open. Something about Midi devices. A third inquir is: Do I have to use and Audio Interface to do all these?

Thank you all for your time and patience :stuck_out_tongue:

F.G.Z

It certainly can be done with MuseScore.
I’ve used it on Linux.
You don’t need an external soundcard for this, just a properly setup jack.
I have too little experience with jack on windows though, so I hope someone steps in and help you configure jack.
Please let know when jack works and I’ll talk you through setting it up with MuseScore.

1 Like

If what you mean is to import music from Finale or Musescore into Ardour, all you have to do is to export your Finale or Musescore project to MIDI, then import that midi file into Ardour.

Same for the other way 'round: export Ardour project to MIDI file(s) and load those files into Finale or Musescore.

Not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for… hope it helps. :slight_smile:

I’m having trouble conecting Jack on windows to Ardour, i’m still trying to do it, that is why I have not written you @rghvdberg but thnak you!

@UnixMan I was thinking more on while working on midi in ardour a way to see a score in order to be certain of the notes lenght and position in the meter.

:smiley:

Not sure how to do that as I have minimal experience with Musescore, but if you zoom in on the timeline and have the grid enabled, you should be able to see the length of the notes on Ardour’s piano roll.