Harrison AVA Bassflow only one side

I’m currently testing the Harrison AVA Bassflow plugin on my new M1 MacMini in my current mix.

Unfortunately, I notice that the instrument can only be heard on one side (left). If I try to use another Harrison plugin instead (e.g. XTBC Bass Character) I don’t have this problem.

Since there are also Harrison developers in the forum (Robin?), I thought I’d ask here.

Why am I at fault? Or is that a bug?

I am not involved with AVA plugins.

I am using Win10. The VST2 Versions are showing the problem you are describing.

The VST3 version works just fine. I have AVA Bass Flow Version 2.0.0 installed. I have not installed version 3.0 from here because I do not own the product. There has been license changes (iLok) and I am uncertain how installing that would work out for you on Mac.

In Ardour the plugin is listed as 2 ins and 1 out, which would mean it is meant to be used in mono tracks only. This is shown in the ‘plugin selector’ dialog box.

The Harrison Forums are here:
https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/

I assume you are using the AU version ?
@BenLoftis May be able to help.

While VST3 may work, it does create what looks like two instances of the plug in that are linked, which would just use that much more processing power.

If you right-click the panner for the track, you can select ‘Equal Power Stereo’ and move the panners to get a ‘MONO’ channel from the stereo track. I think this is going to be the most likely fix, as the plug-in seems to work as it should based on the 2 In and 1 Out specs.

But this solution has a disadvantage: I can no longer use a chorus effect in a meaningful way.

The ACE Stereo Routing plugin should help. It has an option for mono to stereo.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.