GUI becomes unresponsive when using a-High/Low Pass Filter

Hello everybody,

when I use the a-High/Low Pass Filter and change the Cutoff frequencies fast by scrolling the mouse wheel, this results in the UI getting unresponsive and freezing for a couple of seconds.
This only happens when plugin analysis is activated.
I wonder about this, because I have a quite powerful machine (Ryzen 7 3800X, 8 Cores @ 3.9 GHz, 4.5GHz boost, SMT). I’ve already set “DSP CPU Utilization” to different values and also tried “Possibly improve slow graphical performance”, so I don’t know what else should I do.

Please ask if you need any further information.

Thank you for your ideas!

Which version of Ardour are you using?

Perhaps https://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=7795 (fixed in 6.0)

I’m using

Ardour 5.12.0
“Working Backwards”
(rev 5.12)
Intel 64-bit

which is 5.12.0-1kxstudio2v5 from the kxstudio repo.

I will try a more recent version tomorrow and reply then.

Yes, for testing purposes you can just download the ‘free’ version from this website if you would like, you can have both installed in parallel without issue. The version from this website will install into /opt, so make sure that is the version you launch to test with (It will obviously also be A6 instead of A5)

Seablade

So just that I got things right, the version to build on my own is without any restrictions?

Absolutely. But please keep in mind that we can’t support your build and based on others’ experiences, you may run into some issues with it. But yes, no restrictions at all.

I just compiled 6.1 from the git repo, the issue seems to be solved.
Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.