Go to position Script

Hi everybody!

Is there a way in Ardour to jump with the playhead to a selected time? Or a Lua script somewhere?

maybe something based on the rewind script, but like a “go to position”, just asking the position to the user with a simple input dialog?

I could write it, but I couldn’t find the proper command in the Lua API…

Thanks a lot!

Vince

Various. The easiest is to just enter the position into the clock.

Another way is to use location markers. There is Menu > Transport > Markers > Locate to Marker <num>. If your keyboard has a numpad you can enter a marker number to jump there.

You can also navigate to absolute positions by clicking on markers in the mini-timeline.

Relative changes are possible using the nudge-clock, and Menu > Transport > Playhead offers a couple of other methods.

That’d be Session:request_locate().

From an action script (UI context):

Session:request_locate (time_in_samples, ARDOUR.LocateTransportDisposition.MustStop, ARDOUR.TransportRequestSource.TRS_UI)

Hi Robin,

I didn’t know it is possible to edit the Clock (and how to edit it)! Thank you so much, it was exactly what I was looking for.

And thanks for the hint with Lua, I wanted to start scripting so I think this is going to be a good exercise :wink:

All the best,

Vince

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.