Getting Nightlies With Donation

Hi, I want to make a $45 donation so I can download 6.xx development ready-rolled from the nightlies (I’ve been using 6.xx compiled from source for some time). Where exactly on the site do I do this? Much as I’d like to I don’t want to just make a donation. If I go to the download version of ‘Donate’ I get offered 5.xx which is is of no use as I have rucks of work done with 6.xx (and the download would be a huge waste of time).

Just for info I’m finding the two things both called ‘Donatoins’ very confusing.

There are not actually two things called “Donations”. Nothing on the payment page accessed from http://ardour.org/download says “Donate” or “Donations”, other than a FAQ entry that explains the difference between paying for Ardour and making a donation.

Anyway, to answer your question: just go to http://community.ardour.org and make sure you are logged in. Then click on the “Download” link at the top of the page, make a payment to buy 5.12 (skip the download if you prefer). Then head over to nightly.ardour.org and you should have full access to the regular nightly builds. You will also have access to 6.0 when it is released.

By the way, here’s the answer to that FAQ:

The donation system is entirely separate from the download system, and exists for a couple of reasons:

* our Linux users generally get Ardour without payment via their distributions' repositories.
* some people just feel like being generous

Either way, it allows people to make a simple one-time payment. It is not part of the download system, and any payment you make via the donation system does not apply to the download system. Remember that you may choose to pay as little as US$1 for a download.

Cheers. 6.xx installing now :slight_smile:

Thanks for your support of our work.

I seem to fated when it comes to the ‘nightlies’/6.0! I donated a coupe of months back, downloaded the ‘nightly’ - all good. Yesterday I noticed 6 is now released, so went to download it. I was logged in, but the system insisted on payment. No worries, I went to the ‘nightlies’, still logged in, and the ‘download’ button is faded. Help!

The term “donate” is often not used very precisely. So let’s deal with the first possibility before moving on. From the hard-to-reach download FAQ:

The donation system is entirely separate from the download system, and exists for a couple of reasons:

1. our Linux users generally get Ardour without payment via their distributions' repositories.
2. some people just feel like being generous

Either way, it allows people to make a simple one-time payment. It is not part of the download system, and any payment you make via the donation system does not apply to the download system. Remember that you may choose to pay as little as US$1 for a download.

Get in touch with me via paul@ardour.org and we’ll figure out what is going on.

Tried, but the e-mail bounced!

Sorry, I meant help@ardour.org

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.