G-series dynamics plug-in for Linux, Mac and Windows 50% off

Released under our OverTone DSP brand for Linux, Mac and Windows, the DYN4000 G-series dynamics plug-in is now 50% off until Feb 2015.
An emulation of the legendary SSL channel dynamics, developed by two former SSL engineers, with detailed knowledge of the original hardware, this is a never to be repeated offer, at an exceptionally low price.
A unique channel dynamics plug-in with professional console DNA from the world’s best-known large format recording and mixing consoles.

Free demo at: http://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/download/download_dyn4000/

VST for linux, Ardour3 compatible, VST / VST3 / Audio Unit for Windows and Mac.

Nice to know :).Gonna try the demo and then buy it if i like it.
I’ve got no idea what the difference is between the dyn4000 and dyn500. But the information on the site give’s me an idea, so i’ll hear it also.

@cajmere: We put a lot of information about the plug-ins on the site, and there are free demos and detailed manuals, however, I think you’ve highlighted one of the main problems we have when trying to sell these great products:

“I’ve got no idea what the difference is between the dyn4000 and dyn500”

And I think this is all too common, and that’s not a criticism, just I think that people sometimes lack the understanding of how to get the best out of the wealth of different plug-ins and processors available. Perhaps that’s a symptom of there being so much (virtual) choice for musicians / recording / mix engineers now, or perhaps the technical knowledge and understanding which was once taken for granted among those (professionals) is gradually being lost in favour of an instant gratification ‘less or more’ control simplicity. Either way, I urge anyone who is serious about the music they create to learn as much as they can about the process and the tools which made, and still make some of the best recordings / mixes.

The difference is far from subtle - the 500 is a compressor with tape-saturation style overdrive at high levels, with manual makeup gain and input trim controls - a very analogue compressor capable of recreating all that made the best analogue recordings great.
The DYN4000, provides a gate / expander, with variable hysterisis and a compressor section with soft / hard-knee options, fast attack settings, and auto makeup gain, recreating the ‘slam’ and ‘punch’ of the original hardware, especially on drum tracks.
Like the best hardware, it requires some appreciation of its idiosyncrasies to get the best from it, but its worth it when you do.

In the past the only way to get access to the dynamics on an SSL console was to either buy one yourself (if you were a wealthy musician setting up a personal studio) or work in a studio which had an SSL console. If you were working in a studio with an SSL console then the head engineer would be able to mentor you in learning some tricks to get the best sound from the console.
Now that you can get an SSL style control for a small amount of money and start using it in isolation in your own DAW means that the mentor/trainee type of relationship is no longer guaranteed to be there. The loss of that traditional learning mechanism is really a problem for the current style of do-it-yourself recording that affordable recording hardware and software has made possible.
I saw that Harrison has posted several videos demonstrating ways to make use of Mixbus, maybe something like that would be helpful for Overtone plugins.
Something like this video: