FIFINE microphone USB

Hi people’s opensource,

I cannot configure a FIFINE USB in order to record audio from micro in a independient track.

In Audacity it works perfectly

Thanks in advance

For anyone else to be able to provide assistance you need to describe what you have done which did not work, and possibly a screenshot of the Audio/MIDI setup window.

Which version of Ardour, and the official build, or a build from your linux distribution?

Which audio backend are you using (ALSA, JACK using jackd, or Pipwire JACK implementation)? If you selected PulseAudio then that backend does not support recording at all, switch to the ALSA backend.

Are you using a separate device as output, or one of the USB microphones which also has a headphone jack for monitoring?

Hello Chris,

I am using Ardour_8.1.0.

I am subscribed to the developer mode (one dollar a month).
My machine’s details are as follows:

Kernel: 6.2.0-37-generic
Shell: bash 5.1.16
DE: GNOME 42.9
CPU: Intel i3-1005G1 (4) @ 3.400GHz
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics G1
Memory: 2948MiB / 7471MiB

I use ALSA backend.

I think it is problem from Ardour because when I open it the speakers do not work. I am going to learn to config Arduour correctly

Thanks

All good so far.
Can you show the Ardour Audio/MIDI setup window? Perhaps you did not select the correct audio device.
A common mistake is selecting the HDMI audio output of the graphics device rather than the audio interface you want to use.
You should be able to select the Intel PCH audio for output, and the USB microphone for input (assuming that is what you want).
Some of the microphones have a headphone output, so if you intend to use the headphone output of the microphone for monitoring be sure to select the USB audio device for both input and output.

Hello Chris,

microphone

I have not been able to insert all the screenshots due to forum limitations.

Don’t worry. I’m going to look at the full Ardour setup.

Thank you so much Chris

Have you selected the USB Mic as “Input Device” in Ardour’s Audio/MIDI Setup?

…and then read “Why Should I NOT buy/use a USB microphone?” in the FAQ :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.