I have this concert of our band that I want to cut up into single songs. I split the large audio file into regions and export them as “Song1.wav”, “Song2.wav” aso. Rightclick a region and take “region contents and region gain” in the source tab of the export dialog. This does not seem to take the plugins (equalizer, compressor, limiter) into account. How can I do that?
I export parts of a bigger session all the time, since I record some musical ideas back to back on the Ardour timeline and then export each idea as a separate file. I suggest you do it like this:
- Right click on the “Range Markers” timeline and select “New Range” from the menu that appears.
- Now two range markers appears on the “Range Markers” timeline
- Drag the start marker at the point where you want the exported file to begin and the end marker where the export should stop.
- Right click on one of the range markers and select “Export Range” from the menu that appears.
- Now a “Export Range” window appears, choose the target file format you need
- On the “Export Range” window click on tab “Channels” and make sure only “Master” is ticked.
- Click the “Export” button on the window
Now the exported file should sound identical to the sound you get when playing back the session.
Hey thanks for replying this fast!! I mixed up ranges and regions …