Errors in my Log info. How to fix...Please help

Hello everyone, I have this strange errors in my log info every time I open Ardour.
How can I fix this error logs?
The little error log icon in the right corner has a red color and I have this information in it:

Note that I have Ardour 6 compiled by my self with this dependences:
(maybe some packages are missing or something…I’m not sure)

build-essential
libsamplerate-dev
jackd2
libjack-jackd2-dev
jackd
python-clang-6.0
libaubio-dev
libsuil-dev
libboost-all-dev
libxml2-dev
libfftw3-dev
libasound2-dev
libcwiid-dev
a2jmidid
libglib2.0-dev
liblrdf0-dev
liblilv-dev
glibmm-2.4-dev
lv2-dev
libtag1-dev
libsndfile1-dev
libserd-dev
libreadline-dev
libcurl4-gnutls-dev
libwebsockets-dev
libsord-dev
liblo-dev
libsratom-dev
libpulse-dev
vamp-plugin-sdk
libgtkmm-2.4-dev
harvid
librubberband-dev
libarchive-dev
libusb-1.0-0-dev
libudev-dev
libcppunit-dev
libdbus-1-dev
xjadeo

The program is working fine and everything is okay as I can see…but this errors are always there.
(btw I’m using Linux Mint as my operating system).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have a great day,
with love and respect,
Dio.

The problem is with the plugins (not Ardour).

Looks like the amb-plugins LADSPA package was not correctly compiled. This issue can be relatively easily fixed by re-compiling the plugins and making the ladspa_descriptor symbol visible. I suggest filing a bug report with your distro. – Meanwhile, unless you’re doing ambisonics just uninstalling them gets rid of the error message :slight_smile:

The warnings are caused by LV2 plugins that are not compatible with Ardour.

It looks like most of them are from the MOD. They took some shortcuts (MOD hardware never changes buffersize and always has a 2^N block). These plugins will need additional work to make them work in all hosts. Uninstalling those plugins is likely the only way to get rid of the warnings. I didn’t even know that distros package those.

Robin,
If I may jump in, too, because I have a similar issue: I have only noticed this error for v6. v5.12 worked fine. The following is what I get for my guitarix plugin:

2020-04-10T17:08:07 [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module “/usr/lib/ladspa/ladspa_guitarix.so” (/usr/lib/ladspa/ladspa_guitarix.so: undefined symbol: _ZN4Glib10Dispatcher7connectEON4sigc4slotIvNS1_3nilES3_S3_S3_S3_S3_S3_EE)

Does this also mean this plugin is not compatible with v6? Or something else?

Thank you so much,
Steve

Try to re-install only guitarx ( or even better delete that plugin and install LV2 version of the same guitarx) Maybe that will fix the problem.

1 Like

Yeah. You are sooo right. Let me try that.
Thank you,
Steve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.