error while building with "fakeroot debian/rules binary"&scons

hi anybody,

i try to build ardour with vst (on debian squeeze 32-bit), slv2 and wiimote several times on a special way and i doesn´t work. so, the special way in not building by scons directly but building via following steps:

1. apt-get sources ardour
  2. editing the debian/rules with setting the vst=1, wiimote=1 and slv2=1 scons-flag
  3. sudo apt-get build-dep ardour
  4. sudo fakeroot debian/rules binary

so, i have installed all necessary packages (i read it in the debian/control) and some more (e.g. libwine-dev). the configuring was OK, then my computer “calculates” a long time with much text but ends with following:

“cp: Aufruf von stat für „./debian/tmp/generic/usr/bin/ardour2“ nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
dh_install: cp -a ./debian/tmp/generic/usr/bin/ardour2 debian/ardour/usr/bin/ returned exit code 1
make: *** [binary-install/ardour] Fehler 2”

so, the directory “ardour2” seems to miss. i tried several things but no ending … well, compiling with scons works fine, but i want to create a debian-package with vst-support, then i want to write it down in a german debian-wiki how to build. why this? scons installs on it´s own way and the packagemanager won´t find it. so it´s a bit dirty.

greetings,

markus

you should get on irc to discuss stuff like this.

do you have an irc-adress? i doesn´t use this till now. i am just in one jabber chat (german debian) with the program gajim.

Assuming you can’t get into Ardour for whatever reason, links are also provided on the support page…

http://ardour.org/support

See ‘Online Chat’

Seablade

do you have an irc-adress? i doesn´t use this till now. i am just in one jabber chat (german debian) with the program gajim.

greets

markus

just start up ardour and go to the help menu, there should be an irc entry. it takes you to a webclient.