[ERROR]: Session: cannot have two events of type TransportStateChange at the same sample (9978059)

This has been reported before, but I think this time it’s different.

When I hit space bar for playback, it doesn’t play. The green highlight briefly jumps from the “stop” icon to the “play” icon , then jumps back. No sound, and the playhead does not move.
This error message appears in the log each time I hit the spacebar to play.
[ERROR]: Session: cannot have two events of type TransportStateChange at the same sample (9978059).
The same session was working fine just before this happened, with several cycles of audio recording and playback.

This happens with Ardour 7.2.123 bundled with AV Linux MX-21.3, and when I tried downloading Ardour from this site, which reports itself as 7.2.0, the same error happens.
The failure to play and error messages persist when I save and reload the session.
Ardour is using ALSA. Jack is not running. The system also has PulseAudio running. I’m using two channels of an RME Multiface II.

The whole AV Linux installation is quite recent, but I’ve had a few successful sessions recording with it before this happened.

Any suggestions?

Update: I’ve filed this with Mantis as a bug report.

I have same error, with 7.2 and 7.3, fresh install, new empty session.

[ERROR]: Session: cannot have two events of type TransportStateChange at the same sample

Even if I press play or spacebar.

Well, that’s strange, because I installed 7.3 and the problem has gone away, and I’ve closed the Mantis bug report, because I assumed it was fixed (even though it isn’t mentioned on the list of fixed bugs) and because I don’t expect to be able to reproduce the behaviour now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.