Error: Ardour:connect:Invalid Destination Port

Though soundcard (Behringer UMC 204HD) in/outs are working, routing is set up correctly I get this error:

2024-02-16T20:55:08 [ERROR]: ardour::connect: Invalid Destination port: (UMC204HD 192k Direct UMC204HD 192k:playback_FL)
2024-02-16T20:55:08 [ERROR]: ardour::connect: Invalid Destination port: (UMC204HD 192k Direct UMC204HD 192k:playback_FR)

Normally I’m using Alsa Backend. But I recently tried Jack.
I don’t get the error when I’m using Jack. Maybe the error came up after using Jack and switching back to Alsa…?

I just tested the issue with my old Alesis USB Soundcard, opened a new song…and the error is just exactly the same…but still related to the Behringer UMC204HD…though it is not in use…? So it must have something to do with some older Ardour configs/logs stored in a cache or so? How can i clean configs/logs?

Does Ardour finish starting and loading the session? If so just open the audio connections window and connect the master bus outputs to the correct device port.

It’s all working, master bus is connected right.
But the message persists when using Alsa Backend.

Complete Ardour uninstall und reinstall fixed the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.