Hi everyone,
It’s been a long time without any noise about these plugins, but after a long break, I’ve decided to put out a new release!
I know GTK2 isn’t the ideal framework for modern LV2 plugin GUIs, I certainly wish I’d known that back when I started! I am currently working on a brand-new plugin bundle built with JUCE for proper modern host support and compatibility. However, my free time is quite limited, so that rewrite will take a while. In the meantime, I didn’t want to leave EQ10Q broken or inaccessible for people who still rely on it.
Fortunately, FalkTX* created a fantastic workaround that saved the day: lv2-gtk-ui-bridge. Thanks to this project, the legacy GTK2 UI now runs smoothly and reliably on modern Ardour versions (including official release binaries!).
So, here is a new release of this legacy plugin bundle restored for modern Linux audio setups. I hope you enjoy having EQ10Q back in your session workflows!
Links & Download
- GitHub Repository: github.com/sapista/eq10q
- Direct Pre-built Download (Debian 13 & derivatives): EQ10QPlugins.zip
Special Thanks
Huge thanks to FalkTX for his lv2-gtk-ui-bridge technology. It was literally the missing piece needed to bring EQ10Q back to life!
P.S. If you were previously using FalkTX’s external lv2-gtk-ui-bridge wrapper to run EQ10Q, please remove EQ10Q from its manifest.ttl. The bridge is now built directly into the EQ10Q source code.