edit bar fixed to end marker in ardour ongoing

I just recompiled ardour-2.0-ongoing to enjoy a few bug fixes. But I have a little problem : the edit bar is sort of fixed to the location of the end-marker. If I move the latter, the edit bar moves along with it. Using the E key no longer changes the edit bar location to the mouse pointer. Did anyone notice this or is it part of some weird feature change ?

hallo, i cannot reproduce what you are reporting, the hole new edit-marker thing is working just great here and also pressing E will bring the edit marker to the desired position.
i could only guess: try removing your .ardour2 directory and start ardour again. this hint helped lot of times, so perhaps it will help one more time.

cheers,
doc

it worked! thanks for the tip :slight_smile:
but there is a change with previous versions : the edit bar comes with a marker of its own. In my current session, I have 6 markers + start and end. The edit bar comes with mark7. If I delete this marker, the edit bar is removed. If I press the E key, it comes back … but that’s ok. The “end” marker was truly a problem. Thanks again!

cool!

the new edit marker feature is very useful now, because every location marker can become a edit marker as soon as you click on it (mark it). this is really good!

cheers,
doc

OK, will be useful, I see that :slight_smile:

wait a sec. That’s not the end of it. The “paste at edit cursor” has disappeared from the context menu + the “region split” does not split the region at the edit cursor but a tiny bit after. Do you see that as well ?