Duplicated midi notes jump to another place

I am asking if anyone else can see this happening (see picture, the second row should be an identical duplication).
In IRC it couldn’t be confirmed
I insert a couple of notes in draw mode. In internal edit mode, i mouse-click and hold the ctlr-key, then drag the notes to duplicate them
Some of the notes jump to another pitch.
I first assumed, it only happens when i use 4 notes, or only at the the begining of a region but it looks i was wrong.

I tried as much i could think of:

  1. 2 different Linux distribution, hence also 2 different Desktop Environments
  2. 2 different computers
  3. different mouse and different keyboard
  4. i deleted ~/.config/ardour9 and used a default configuration file
  5. some nightly builds from the last days.
  6. on all ardour versions i have before 9.8 it doesn’t happen at all
  7. changed the color-scheme
  8. duplicating the selected notes with the keyboard-shortcut ctrl+d work fine

thanks in advance

2026-09-28-223719_449x370_scrot

I can confirm.
Ardour 9.8.0 and nightly (9.8.93).
It happens only by duplicating multiple notes, but not always :-/

Before 9.8 it never happened.

1 Like