dssi-vst and other standard plugins

I have downloaded the demo of Ardour. On this site it is stated that the program comes with various standard plugins (“Plugins by Standard”): http://manual.ardour.org/working-with-plugins/getting-plugins/

So where do I find dssi-vst to add it in the proram or aren’t these included by default?

Those plugins are not shipped with Ardour, they can be installed separately and are often available in a Linux distribution’s repositories to make it easy to install. In other words they are a list of common plugin packages on many versions of Linux.

Seablade

Okay it was a little bit confusing. So now I have installed dssi-vst, I can’t find it under the Instruments list when making a new midi-track. I have installed it with the package manager.
How can I use this plugin?

Sure but I thought it is a plugin itself which can load other plugins. So a wrapper which itself is integrated in the host by loading a plugin.
Is there any option I can use dssi-vst with Ardour?

Is Carla currently supported by Ardour? It doesn’t show up in the list of available midi instruments.

I used the one from the KXStudio repo.

Anyway after searching again I found only zynaddsubfx. There are no other decent free synthesizer plugins for linux like Synth1 for Windows. Of course there are a few but these are only standalone and I don’t want to mess around with them and JACK and all the configuration of these.

theres also linux sampler that you can load samples into.

Calf fluid synth is also fairly good though very basic. load sound fonts into that.

theres also linux sampler that you can load samples into.

Calf fluid synth is also fairly good though very basic. load sound fonts into that.

Yes after searching longer in the web I found TAL NoiseMaker. And that is one of the best free plugins I know. And it’s a port for Linux. I will use LinuxSampler too because I have got a beautiful piano soundfont. Calf plugins are only an organ synthesizer and a monsynth though I will try these both.