Dragonfly Reverb

I tried Dragonfly Reverb today and I like it a lot :slight_smile: It’s also crossplatform what will greatly ease session exchange between me (on Linux) and my friend (on windows) when we make (Rock) music together.

Thanks for this great tool :slight_smile:

Thanks for this, It sounds good… I just need to find out how to spend more time playing with my music.

I just need to find out how to spend more time playing with my music.

You and me both! I was only able to do this project because I would work on it during my lunch break. On a good day, I can carve out a little bit of time to make music at night after fulfilling obligations to employer and family, but it is tough to make consistent progress.

1 Like

New beta release v1.9 available for testing:

This packages both the new Dragonfly Room Reverb (based on Freeverb3 ProG) and the renamed Dragonfly Hall Reverb. The latter should be able to replace the old Dragonfly Reverb, as it is essentially the same plugin and identifies itself as such; please delete the old Dragonfly Reverb LV2 and/or VST before using the new one, existing projects should automatically use it without any ill effects.

There are still several things that aren’t done yet. Dragonfly Room Reverb still needs a change in looks to more easily distinguish it.

I made a first attempt at some presets for Dragonfly Room. I’m still not sure how much I like them, please experiment with them and let me know which (if any) are useful and sound as described.

so how to install. I downloaded the zip for linux

Unpack the zip.
Copy the *.lv2 folder in ~/.lv2
Start ardour, it will automatically find it.

1 Like

my home does not have this folder, but after making the folder name, it worked.

Beta release 1.9.4 is now available. The main new feature is three additional dials to Dragonfly Room reverb: Input LPF, Output LPF, and Boost Band (bandwidth of the bass boost feature).

Beta release 1.9.5 is hot off the press. Dragonfly Room’s Output LPF previously only applied to the late output, now it applies to both early and late.

Also, the following parameters have been exposed to the DAW (They aren’t visible in the GUI, as they are considered more advanced features, and I don’t think the GUI needs any more complication):

• Early Send (Dragonfly Hall and Dragonfly Room)
  • Spin Factor (Dragonfly Hall)
  • LFO Factor (Dragonfly Hall)

The latter two will hopefully be useful to increase or decrease the “tape flutter” effect that some people have noticed in Dragonfly Hall.

Beta release 1.9.6 is here.

This one includes several bug fixes, a change in the damper/lpf dials, and a new look for Dragonfly Room:

1 Like

Discourse wants me to use at least 20 characters to let you know that I like the look of your plugin :yum:

1 Like

Please try Beta release 1.9.9.

2.0.0 release candidate is now available. If no major bugs are reported, this will be promoted to an official 2.0.0 release.

Both reverbs are now documented:

Dragonfly Hall Reverb Manual
Dragonfly Room Reverb Manual

Any feedback on the manuals is welcome.

1 Like

Version 2.0.0 is now official, and finally there is a proper landing page:

https://michaelwillis.github.io/dragonfly-reverb

4 Likes

This plugin is so sweet, thank you for the hard work.

2 Likes

I know this is an old post. I have recently downloaded and installed V.3.2.5 as a plugin for Ardour 5.12 on Ubuntu Studio 20. I have read articles regarding Ardour crashing and losing connection to the I/O engine which I am experiencing frequently. Now I love the product however it acting more like a virus than a bug as I have to reboot my system so it syncs with my Saffire Pro40 as the DAW connection disappears entirely. This happens whether I am using the plugin or not now. I saw an article regarding graphic card compatibility however this is interface related. I want to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if you have any suggestion. I am going to try to remove the lv2 files and see if it solves the issue. Please note that I had no issues with Ardour prior to adding that plugin. Please let me know

What video hardware are you using?