Doitoya (JazzFunkRock)

A mostly instrumental, danceable, fun little number. Came out of a session of goofing around with SooperLooper.

Recorded and mixed with Ardour. Guitars mostly through Guitarix, except the feedback-y one near the end which came out of a Roland GR-55 guitar synth. Horns and vibraphone also from the guitar synth. Drums by DrumGizmo.

5 Likes

I dig it! Any chance this was inspired by Herbie Hancock’s “Doin’ It”?

Love the fat drums and bass line. Love the back and forth between the vibraphone and horns. Well done.

Oh yay, I’m glad you like it! Thanks so much for the kind words. :slight_smile:

I love Herbie Hancock, but no conscious influence from him or from that particular song. The only explicit influence in there is that the guitar licks in the chorus are a blatant rip-off of John Scofield’s tone and style, which I was able to get reasonably close to thanks to this video.

Great groove! Lol the wobbly drunken pirate Scofield licks are great!

1 Like

Excellent stuff, guitars, horns sound incredible, dig the vibes as well. Fantastic :+1: :+1:

1 Like

very lively and funky tune! i like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aw shucks. blush You folks sure are nice. I haven’t been doing this recording / producing thing very long, only about a year and a half, and this is the first stuff I’ve ever shared out, so it’s definitely encouraging to get such positive feedback. :slight_smile:

1 Like