Disconnect/Feedback Problem

I am connecting any instrument in the simplest way possible. Starting the application, Ardour 3.5.7, adding a MIDI track, selecting from the instrument list. The instrument will produce sound from the piano roll view, but not from my LPK25 keyboard. Clicking in the panel which informs me of the disconnection shows me that the MIDI out and in are not connected. Connecting them produces the feedback light. Looking at Qjackqtl shows me that the audio side is connected but no midi connections are made.

You might have problem that Ardour has automatically connected the midi track channel channel output to your keyboard so that when you connect the input you get midi feedback. So make sure the output of the track is not going back to your keyboard.

Thanks, Edward, but I don’t think that Ardour has automatically connected the midi track channel channel output to my keyboard. It seems that my efforts to connect my keyboard by using the Ardour router and JACK connector are producing this condition.

There are suggestions that Ardour should automatically connect a keyboard controller to a pre-installed softsynth. What to do when it does not?