Creating midnam with multiple banks ( bank of banks ? )

I am trying to create a midnam for a Yamaha SY85 that will hold multiple banks. Each main bank would be a sound set (set of floppies or the synth) that would have to have six banks with 64 presets in each set.

For example:
Factory Set = Voice1 ( 64 presets) , Voice2 ( 64 presets ), Voice 3, Voice 4, Performance 1, Performance 2 ( all with 64 presets)

Vintage1 Set = Voice1 ( 64 presets) , Voice2 ( 64 presets ), Voice 3, Voice 4, Performance 1, Performance 2 ( all with 64 presets)

and so on for multiple sets of sounds.

In other words, set one would have 6 banks of 64 presets per bank from that particular set of floppies. Set two would have six more banks of 64 presets for another set of floppies.

I have tried to put all the patch banks in the midnam, but all the patches in the Ardour midi region show up as the last Patchbank in midnam regardless of what Patchbank is selected. It makes sense why it works this way, so I have tried unique PatchNumbers for each Patchname and that does not help.

I could set this up to do the floppy bank by the channel number, but that just seems like a problem waiting to happen.

I would rather not create several midnams, but I may have to. Does anybody know how to do a ‘bank of banks’ type of midnam?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.