Crash on midi input

Hi. When i write some midi notes, ardour sometimes crashes and i get this error:

“ardour-6.0.9: …/libs/evoral/Note.cc:48: Evoral::Note::Note(uint8_t, Time, Time, uint8_t, uint8_t) [with Time = Temporal::Beats; uint8_t = unsigned char]: Assertion `length() == l’ failed.”

Can someone help me please?

Thank you.

Use an optimized build.

This assertion is a controlled exit that triggers in debug-builds when there is a rounding error when computing note-length. – The actual fix will likely only come with Ardour 7.0

Thank you for the answer. I like this debug-build of ardour. It’s really stable. It’s not possible to fix this issue this manually?

You could comment-out the assertions, lines 47…51 in libs/evoral/Note.cc and re-compile.

but unless you’re developing or debugging Ardour, you’re much better off re-configuring with ./waf --optimize .... That will also significantly lower the CPU (and may even be more robust). You could just do a new git clone and after compilation run it from the source-tree:
cd gtk2_ardour/; ./ardev – that allows to keep your current installation as-is.

Thank you. I commented-out the lines 47-52 in libs/evoral/Note.cc and re-compiled and now it works. Thank you so much for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.