Hi There … ;
Yesterday I created a Project (96Khz, 32Bits) on an external USB-HDD . Exited and closed the program fine .
This morning I tried opening the same project, but now Ardour crashes immediately after Plugin Scan Complete-message .
I know there are some 64Bit VSTs in my Program Files (x86)-folder, and that is the directory I’ve listed in the plugin-preferences .
I’m using the latest Ardour4-64Bit version .
My Audio-Interface is a Behringer UMC404 .
Anyone Help ?
Hi, If you can get me some more info… I can take a look:
Firstly, what are the 64-bit plugins you have… are there demo versions I can test with?
Next, which version of Windows are you running on?
Finally, to help us understand why it is crashing can you do the following:
- get and install a debug build from nightly.ardour.org
- Start -> Ardour -> Ardour (GDB)
- a command-terminal comes up -- don't panic :) Ardour starts normally
- When ardour crashes (or hangs,..) . Do not press the "Close application, ..report to MS" button.
- go to the command window. press Ctrl and C to get a command prompt.
thread apply all bt and press enter
- type quit and press enter
- phew. The hard part is done.
In your user’s home folder (start-menu > User’s Documents or simply use the Expolorer to go to you Documents) there is now a file ardour-debug.log.
Attach this to a bug-report on http://tracker.ardour.org/ along with a brief description how you produced that crash, and ping me back here (or on IRC, handle dynamicsamurai) so I can take a look at it.
Also, can you try copying the 64 bit plugins elsewhere?
And are you running a 64bit Ardour?
Does creating a new session work?