copy a whole session problem

When i copy a whole ardour session to another harddrive, but leave the old session intact, and then open the new session, ardour sais “Ardour has found the following file xxx.wav in the following locations” indicating to the old location and the new. I then need to confirm on every file the session includes from which location ardour should read…

Is there a way to circumvent that problem?

You should use “Save-As” inside Ardour.

As a workaround, you will need to edit the session file and change the session path definition that appears in the first few lines of that file.

Try “Session > save as” perhaps the session includes some absolute search-path (external file)?

Thanks Paul, I had no idea this was possible with “Safe As”… and good to know the workaround as well, as i have a lot of ardour sessions backed up to external harddrives just by copy-paste

@ Paul & X42 “Safe As–” this works for me! but it will only copy the last snapshot. would be cool to have all old snapshots copied… or have a way to “safe as backup” with the new absolute paths and all the media included…

but for the copied session changing the path in the session file: i couldnt find the path line… but maybe i did this wrong: open the xxx.ardour snapshot with pluma and looking for the path…?

oh i run into more problems, sorry for not writing this all in one post: opening the new session after “Save As…” to a new directory gives me “Fatal Error: The session´s interchange dir is tainted There is more than one folder in ./…” Please remove extra subdirs to reduce possible filename ambiguties". And it keeps the video in a folder with the old session name. the rest looks clean, audio is in the right place…

when i delete the wrong folders and put the vid in the right place, i dont get the message, but i get again the “Ardour has found the following file xxx.wav in the following locations” message-… ;(

I got a workaround for now: after reasigning one time all the audio i do "bring all media into the folder " and this seems to reasign the audio to a new path. I dont have the snapshots then, but for this case thats fine. I also found and try out now the backup function, maybe this would be the safest way for transfering sessions…