Convert session from 44100 to 48000

Hi,

up to now I have recorded all my projects at 44100 Hz targeting Audio-CDs. Now it turns out that some new projects as well as some of the older ones I will use for music videos. Therefore 48000 would be better AFAIK.

So what do I do? Do I convert the Ardour sessions or do I simply export the 44100 sessions to 48000 wavs? Is there actually a feasible way to convert whole Ardour sessions? Is the quality of the audio material is noticeably affected by such conversions?

Thanks

I wonder why you cannot just convert the final file to whatever format you want (using sox or sndfile-convert, for example.) Well, I don’t know about converting sessions from one format to another.

@johmue: As you say, you can export your 44100 sessions to 48000 WAV files.

I guess it’s theoretically possible to convert all your session files, but it would be very difficult and dangerous task, and in the end you will gain precisely nothing but a small amount of rounding noise.

@Edward Diehl: there’s no need to convert the exported mix file separately; you can ask Ardour to export to a new mix file in many different formats and it does any converting needed on export.