Convert midi to audio in ardour without rendering out

technically this is impossible because midi is just midi notes on or off… The easy answer is the one bachstudies mentions, which is to make Ardour route synthesize a MIDI track onto an Audio one, and then you can use further things with the audio waveform data that you can’t otherwise do on the midi track.

If you’re thinking of repairing something with MIDI gates to have more control over how “synthesis” is working for each note, there’s a special plugin I previously posted about as this might sound what you’re looking for. There’s ways you can change the BPM of a re-factored MIDI instrument plugin but still be working within the MIDI Track. Essentially it’s a “wrap-around” plugin that can help “tune” your MIDI instrument plugin with various parameters… — if this interests you, it would be the non-free DiscoDSP Bliss plugin with its “resampling” features…

I’m confused. The OP asked for a quick way to convert MIDI to audio without rendering out. What does Bliss have to do with this?

it sounds like he wants to manipulate audio on a key-note basis, something which discodsp bliss should be able to provide.

I think he literally wants a fast way to convert midi to audio. No more, no less.

ok
thanks guys
@anon60445789
@x42
@ahms
@finotti
@seablade
@remyzerems

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.