Control surface AKAI_APC40

Hey, I tried to modify the midi map for the AKAI_APC40, but it doesn’t appear in the generic listing of “Surface controls/”. I saved the modified map both in “/home/./config” and in “opt/ardour/share/midi-map”, closed the program aud reopened it but no luck. I then upgraded from 5.12 to 6.3, which I had to do anyway, but the same situation occurs. What am I missing?

I must add that I used the modifide file for a few years without any problem, though I had not eidted it for quite some time now.
Tx

The file needs to end in .map and be present in either ~/.config/ardour6/config/midi_maps/ or system-wide for all users: /opt/Ardour-6.3.0/share/midi_maps/

Test if the following lists your custom MIDI map.

ls -l ~/.config/ardour6/midi_maps/*.map

Also make sure to change the name in the XML file itself, 2nd line, here “AKAI MPK61”

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>                                                                                                                                                         
<ArdourMIDIBindings version="1.0.0" name="AKAI MPK61">

Thanks R., but this is not the file structure that I have. I have :
~/.config/ardour6/, in which there is 1 folder (plugin-metada) and 6 files: config, instant.xml, recent, sfdb, ui_config, ui_scripts. I have created a midi-maps folder under “ardour6” and put the .map file in there without result. And I have also included the file in : /opt/Ardour-6.3.0/share/midi_maps/. Is the file structure that I have under :./config/ardour6 correct?

It’s midi_maps (underscore not a minus midi-maps)

sorry, typo. The folder is indeed midi_maps,

Could it be that the XML map file is invalid, and cannot be parsed? That would explain why it’s not working.

What is the name of the xml file? Here I only have “instant.xml”. Is the path valid: /.config/ardour6/midi_maps/*.map

see above

~/.config/ardour6/midi_maps/*.map

In your case likely ~/.config/ardour6/midi_maps/AKAI_MPK40.map
see also https://manual.ardour.org/using-control-surfaces/generic-midi/midi-binding-maps/

The xml file was indeed invalid. I edited it and now it’s working. Thanks Robin.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.