Connect Midi controller to Ardour ??

Why are you connecting the MIDI through ports?

I assume you want to record what’s played on the AKAI keyboard into the MIDI-1 track in Ardour. So connect the MIDI 1 port of the AKAI with the MIDI-1 track in Ardour. No other connection needed. Then record-enable the MIDI-1 track in Ardour and record.

acidblue: i do not understand where your confusion is coming from. There are two ports corresponding to your MPK, one for capture (incoming) and one for playback (outgoing). There is are two ports for your MIDI track, one for input and one for output. What is it about this setup that is confusing to you? I am genuinely interested because if you’re confused, somebody else probably is too …

Why are you connecting the MIDI through ports?
I'm not a2jmidid is, I disconnect those and connect the others, just didn't do it when I made the screen shot, my bad.
acidblue: i do not understand where your confusion is coming from. There are two ports corresponding to your MPK, one for capture (incoming) and one for playback (outgoing). There is are two ports for your MIDI track, one for input and one for output. What is it about this setup that is confusing to you

Whats confusing is I’m not getting Ardour to respond to my akai mini, even thought everything seems to be connected.

What do you mean by “respond to my akai mini”? What exactly do you intent and what exactly do you expect Ardour to do?

When I have a soft synth plugin loaded I expect ardour to respond by making a sound when I press the keys.
Like when I use my akai with other daw’s.

acidblue: yep, that is what you should expect. but you’re not getting that, for some reason that could be really incredibly simple or very complicated. I don’t like trying to debug/support such things via forums. Visit us on IRC for realtime assistance. See the support page for details. Or maybe other folks here will continue to try to provide you with some clues.

Whats the name of the irc channel ?

Well as it mentions on the support page paul mentioned reading for details, it is #ardour on freenode.

Or you can go to Help>Chat and get taken there via a web client, though a true IRC client is usually a better experience.

Seablade