Code signature invalid error in MacOS bundle

I succeeded to build ardour 8.4 on MacOS, then tried to run /tools/osx_packaging/osx_build.
The script made .dmg successfully but when I executed .app, the console showed EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGKILL (Code Signature Invalid)).
I tried to clean all signature but it didn’t work.

I read the source of osx_build, it might say I have to join apple developer program. Should I really join developer program to make .app bundle?

Having a 3rd party build an app bundle is outside the scope of Apple’s model of how signing works.

You should either (a) don’t bother with an app bundle, just run ardour after waf has finished using gtk2_ardour/ardev or (b) edit osx_build and get rid of the signing steps.

I don’t like this at all, but it’s a result of Apple’s requirements. Ardour doesn’t need to be signed to run perfectly.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. As I thought I have to run through ardev script… :frowning:

:person_facepalming:
God, Apple sucks so hard…
-They’re the reason I stopped upgrading my MacBook Pro in 2011. (!)
-Didn’t want to continue down they’re specific, proprietary, “evolutionary” path.

Switching to libre GNU/Linux is the only sane choice for anyone at this point.

2 Likes

I found that .apps created with osx_build can only run on MacOS with SIP disabled. If I disable only the gatekeeper, the app will not run. Sucks.