Can't trigger cue clips from my Launchpad Pro MK3

Hi,

I’ve got my Launchpad Pro MK3 connected to Ardour using jackd and a2jmidid. I can start and stop playback with the Launchpad as a control surface and play and record notes with the pads, so I guess I’ve set it up correctly.

The real fun begins with using the Launchpad as a clip launcher, but I don’t understand how to set this up correctly.

Preferences/Triggering/Default trigger input is set to “LaunchPad Pro Pads”, so clips should be started with the pads, right? But nothing happens when I press a pad, and using “MIDI learn” from the clip context menu doesn’t work, either.

How do I have to configure Ardour to trigger clips with the pads?

8.0 (due for release tomorrow has full, builtin support for the LP Pro, no configuration necessary for Session mode clip launching.

The LP Pro is a fairly complicated device and there are several different reasons why what you are trying to do with MIDI Learn for clips is failing. There is a bug report on MIDI Learn failing for this on a number of other devices, but I have not been able to reproduce it myself, despite the quality bug reports from different people.

1 Like

wow, really looking forward to this, thanks very much :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.