Can't select audio output on master bus channel

So, I added “peak meter” (effect on ubtunu studio) to my master channel. After I did that, there was no sound on my speakers anymore so I decided to delete the peak meter effect from the master bus. But nothing changed: No sound on my speakers.
So I looked at the patchbay and where it was connected to “monitor out” it is now “-” (nothing). I tried to rightclick and select monitor but there is nothing to select in the patchbay. I couldn’t select “system out”.
I also tried to “add audio port” but nothing is added.
How can I get the sound back in this specific project?
Yes, other projects are working fine. It’s a project problem and not jack or alsa related.

Thanks for you help.

Screenshots of your mixer window and the audio patchbay, please.

Yes of course. Here we go:

And Master out looks like this:

And can you check the Audio/MIDI setup window to see if you have the correct soundcard selected?

1 Like

That shows a MIDI output, not audio.

Blame the Calf for adding MIDI to your master-out. – I suggest to enable “strict I/O” (right-click on the top of the master bus), that will prevent plugins from changing the number of channels.

3 Likes

And can you check the Audio/MIDI setup window to see if you have the correct soundcard selected?

Yes I did that and the correct soundcard is selected.

Blame the Calf for adding MIDI to your master-out. – I suggest to enable “strict I/O” (right-click on the top of the master bus), that will prevent plugins from changing the number of channels.

I did that as well (strict I/O) deleted the effects and tried to add the master channel to monitor. That didn’t work.
Don’t blame the calf. It was “peak monitor” (see attached Picture). I guess that’s the problem: It only brought 1 in 0 outs. Deleted the effect after no sound.
Is there any possible chance to put the standard master Bus channel back or do I need to export the song stems and put it in another project (which I hope is not the only possible way to deal with a problem like this)?

But as we can see in the previous posts my Master channel couldn’t be connected to either playback 1 or playback 2 or any other hardware device in the patchbay.

Okay Guys, Thanks for the help!
I did it.
This is how I fixed the problem:

1. Set off “strict I/O” on master bus channel
  2. delete all effects
  3. add effect “Null (audio output)” - this was just try and error
  4. add another “null (audio output)”
  5. click on audio out in the master bus channel (down where it said “-”) and click “add audio port”
  6. connect L+R to Monitor out
  7. Enjoy
    :slight_smile:
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.