Can't record into an ardour file I closed then opened again

Um, I actually didn’t think of that… I think I need to be a subscriber to do that, I’m happy to do that and have just been test-driving before I signed up, I’m pretty happy with Ardour tho (this one issue notwithstanding) so yes maybe I should get on with that, might solve this problem!

UPDATE: I am now a subscriber (yaay) and my initial testing suggests that yes this has solved my problem (my current episode opened up and has mic input no problem). Feeling slightly foolish that I didn’t think of this before, in my defense I did run a system update at some point in the troubleshooting process…didn’t think of the fact that the Linux Mint software center version was still 5…

So, tentatively, all is well now - thanks for the help!

So a few things:

1. Yes if you are on Ardour5, or really anything out of date, always check with an up to date version

2. You can always download the free version from this website to check with it, no need for a subscription for that but you wil hear audio dropout with the free version, still works fine to test with.

3. It sounds like you grabbed from a distro repo, so it is more than possible that you grabbed a version with a packaging issue as well, so again always test with the version from this website (Which is relaly the only officially supported version)

4. Glad it is working now for you!

Seablade

Looks like PT Sans Regular.

@seablade - cheers, that’s good info, the subscription/download thing was a little confusing, tho possibly just because it’s different, to be honest i think it’s a good model, encourages people like me to contribute!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.