Can't get ardour to work on crashbang

I’ve recently switched from Ubuntu to Crashbang, I’m fairly new to this all but I never had a problem with Ubuntu.
I’ve installed Qjack and hydrogen and they work perfectly, yet even though ardour seems to be installed, I can’t find it anywhere, I’ve tried terminal and searching otherwise.

Can somebody please help me because I don’t want to change operating systems again, I quite like crashbang…
Thank you :slight_smile:

Okay, found and got it all working until I tried to open Ardour, it said “cannot reconnect to audio/MIDI engine”.
Also had a lot of problems running audio drivers with my soundblaster Live! card.

I’ve decided to ditch crunchbang and go back to Ubuntu (but this time I’m getting the studio version), since I had everything running perfectly on that.
Unless anybody else has a recommendation for running Ardour, Hydrogen and Jack all smoothly.

Nevermind, fixed the engine problem and everything seems to be running great, now how to I make it so I can run ardour straight from “run program”

Still on crunchbang by the way.

Or, how would I make hydrogen, qjackctl and ardour links on the desktop/non-desktop of crunchbang?

I believe you have Open Box WM (window manager) it that was Gnome on your ubuntu.

here is something for you.
:slight_smile:

If you installed Ardour from the website, it is located in /opt IIRC

Seablade

Thank you! Now where can I find this? (Yeah I’m really new to this)

PS: crunchbang :wink:

Open up a terminal

sudo updatedb
locate ardour3

Your looking for something like this

/opt/Ardour-3.5-dbg/bin/ardour3