Can't build ardour 3 SVN on my Debian Sid

Hello,Building Ardour2.8 works well, but I can’t build ardour 3 SVN on my Debian sid.

I use:
scons 1.2.0
libgtkmm-2.4-dev 2.16.0
libgtk2.0-dev 2.16.1
libglibmm-2.4-dev 2.20.0
g++ 4.3.3

Here the last lines before errors :

g++ -o libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.os -c -Woverloaded-virtual -DGTK_NEW_TOOLTIP_API -DGLIBMM_DEFAULT_SIGNAL_HANDLERS_ENABLED -DGLIBMM_PROPERTIES_ENABLED -DGLIBMM_EXCEPTIONS_ENABLED -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -fstrength-reduce -pipe -DARCH_X86 -mmmx -m3dnow -march=i686 -msse -mfpmath=sse -DUSE_XMMINTRIN -DBUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS -Wall -DWITH_JACK_MIDI -Ilibs -DENABLE_NLS -fPIC -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -Ilibs/sigc++2 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -Ilibs/glibmm2/glib -Ilibs/gtkmm2/atk -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Ilibs/cairomm -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -Ilibs/gtkmm2/pango -Ilibs/gtkmm2/gtk -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/gtk-unix-print-2.0 -Ilibs/gtkmm2/gdk -I/usr/include/directfb libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc: In member function ‘void Gtk::Toolbar::set_orientation(Gtk::Orientation)’:
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc:522: error: ‘gtk_toolbar_set_orientation’ was not declared in this scope
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc: In member function ‘Gtk::Orientation Gtk::Toolbar::get_orientation() const’:
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc:527: error: ‘gtk_toolbar_get_orientation’ was not declared in this scope
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc: In member function ‘bool Gtk::Toolbar::get_tooltips() const’:
libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.cc:552: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void
scons: *** [libs/gtkmm2/gtk/gtkmm/toolbar.os] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
zsh: exit 2 scons

If I try to build it with SYSLIBS=1 it’s OK but I can’t start ardour like in bug 2584

If you have an idea …

Thanks;-)

This is a known problem. It won’t be fixed in a hurry.

I haven’t tried to build ardour3 with scons yet, perhaps you should give waf a go. just type

$ ./waf configure
$ ./waf build

./waf install

that works fine on my ubuntu box.

Waf won’t cut it either. Please try applying the patch attached with issue 2584 to see if the start up crash is fixed.

Thank’s for your replies.

Paul :What is the known problem ?(building with my libs versions or failed constructor whith SYSLIBS=1)

For build ardour with SYSLIBS=0, what is the problem? My version of gtkmm ?

I’ll try patch attached with 2584, but it’s for SYSLIBS=1 and I prefer build ardour with SYSLIBS=0

A+

The problem is caused by a mismatch between the version of GTK+ installed on your system and the version of gtkmm that is part of the ardour tree.